Bill Williams, Building Inspector for the Village of Tuckahoe
Michael Seminara, Code Enforcement Officer
Mary Ann McCann, Administrative Assistant
Phone (914) 961-8148
2nd floor, Room #200
65 Main Street
The Building Department is responsible for the enforcement of the
NYS Fire Prevention and Building Code, the Code of Ordinances of the
Village of Tuckahoe, and the Village of Tuckahoe Zoning Code.
The Building Department issues permits for Building and Alterations,
and conducts inspections.
Building Department Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Appointments to meet with the Building Inspector must be made by
phone at (914) 961-8148 or in person.
How do you know if you need a permit?
(a) Building permits required. Except as otherwise provided in Subsection (b) of this section, a building permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid-fuel-burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from the Code Enforcement Officer.
(b) Exemptions. No building permit shall be required for work in any of the following categories:
- Installation of swings and other playground equipment associated with a one- or two-family dwelling or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses);
- Installation of window awnings supported by an exterior wall of a one- or two-family dwelling or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses);
- Installation of partitions or movable cases less than five feet nine inches in height;
- Painting, wallpapering, tiling, carpeting, or other similar finish work;
- Window replacement, existing driveway and walkway replacement;
- Replacement of gutters and leaders.
(c) Exemption not deemed authorization to perform noncompliant work. The exemption from the requirement to obtain a building permit for work in any category set forth in Subsection (b) of this section shall not be deemed an authorization for work to be performed in violation of the Uniform Code or the Energy Code.
§101.2 Scope. The provisions of this code shall apply to the construction, alteration, movement enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, maintenance, removal and demolition of every building or structure or any appurtenances connected or attached to such buildings or structures.