New York Voting Updates:
Last night the Governor issued a new Execuitve Order specific to election changes. The new changes include:
- Boards of Elections will include paid return postage for all absentee ballots for the June primary.
- All village & town elections scheduled to be held in March, April, May, or June will be held on September 15, 2020.
- School board/budget elections are scheduled for June 9th and will be held via mail with return postage included. Each district will send out postcard notice which details the date of the election, date of budget hearing, definition of qualified voter, and an absentee ballot.
- The Governor’s order recognizes that absentee ballot requests submitted before his Executive Orders on absentee voting will still be valid without further action by the voter.
- Boards of Elections must also make available at their offices a voting system that is accessible for voters wishing to mark their ballot privately and independently.
Sign up for the League's new text alert system to get real time updates on voting changes related to COVID-19.
Text VoteNY to 474747
Donate to LWVNYS
Donate to LWVNYS Education Foundation
League of Women Voters of NYS
62 Grand Street
Albany, NY 12207
Tel: 518-465-4162 FAX: 518-465-0812