2020 Teens Summer Reading Program
- Dates: June 25-August 24, 2020
- Ages: 11 and up
- How to Join: Create a READsquared account to log your reading online or Download a paper reading log here to win prizes!
- Prizes: This program is designed for teens age 11 to 17 to encourage life-long reading habits. Earn points for every book you read:
- 1 Book = 300 points
- 2 Books = 600 points + a free ice cream.
- 3 Books = 900 points, Grand Finale Raffle entry
- 4+ Books = Earn extra raffle tickets
- All Teens who reach 600 points and beyond will be added to our Summer Reading Wall of Fame.
Teens can participate in a special Virtual MARTIAL ARTS KUNG FU Demonstration with Shifu Alex Lamas! Everyone will learn about the library's summer events and this year's Teen Summer Reading Program and Prizes!
To Register: Thursday, June 25 @ 4:00 pm
Registration is required for online events. Due to added security, we now require you to have a library card to register. If you do not have a library card, please click here to Apply for a Library Card. After you register, you will be sent an invitation email to participate through your smartphone, tablet, or PC. Click here for the instruction to join the program. Please feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.
Grades 3-5: Tuesdays @ 3:30 pm, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, Aug 4
Grades 6-8: Tuesdays @ 5:00 pm, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, Aug 4
In this Introduction to Babysitting Course, participants will learn interviewing tips, communication skills, ages and stages of young babies and toddlers, safety and first aid tips, and feeding and caring for children, including diaper changing. Certificates of completion will be emailed after the workshop.
Teen/Adult Summer Reading Finale – TBA