- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention : Information and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), national public health institute of the United States.
- National Library of Medicine’s coverage
- Johns Hopkins Interactive map An interactive web-based dashboard to track COVID-19 in real time. From Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering.
- The New York State Department of Health: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline: (888) 364-3065 where Department of Health experts will be available to answer questions regarding COVID-19.
- Westchester County Health Department
- World Health Organization
- NPR: Just for kids - A comic exploring the new Corona Virus how to explain to your kids about covid19
Medical Reference Online Resources
- Coronavirus Infections Also called: COVID-19 from MedlinePlus
- Coronavirus Testing from MedlinePlus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) summary from The National Library of Medicine. NLM is operated by the United States federal government, is the world’s largest medical library.
- Cornaviruses including COVID-19 from the National Institute on Allergies and Infectious Diseases. NIAID conducts and supports basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases. NIAID is one of the 27 Institutes and Centers of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- NIH – Coronavirus The national Institutes of Health’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 Situation Summary page. An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NIH is the largest biomedical research agency in the world.
- Coronavirus and “Alternative” Treatments The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) funds and conducts research to help answer important scientific and public health questions about complementary health approaches. NCCIH works to determine what is promising, what helps and why, what doesn’t work, and what is safe. (Added 3/2/2020)
- CDC – Guidance for Employers Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Printable handwashing posters in multiple languages (Added 3/2/2020)
- Information on COVID-19 and Pregnant Women and Children(Added 3/9/2020)
- Stop the Spread of Germs poster printable PDF (Added 3/9/2020)
- Coronavirus Health topic page from the World Health Organization (WHO), an agency of the United Nations that focuses on world public health.
- NAACHO – Directory of Local Health Departments National Association of County Health Officials
- Additional Resources
- A Guide: How To Prepare Your Home For Coronavirus NPR LifeKit
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – Kids, this comic is for you. It’s based on a radio story that NPR education reporter Cory Turner did. He asked some experts what kids might want to know about the new coronavirus discovered in China. (Added 2/28/2020)
Information in Spanish
- COVID-19 previamente 2019- Novel Coronavirus: Información salud al consumidor by Rossana Isabel Tecnologías-Emergentes, health sciences librarian at the University of Puerto Ricos’s Medical Sciences Campus. (Added 3/2/2020)
- Infecciones por coronavirus Otros nombres: COVID-19 MedlinePlus (Added 3/2/2020)
- Pruebas de coronavirus ¿Qué son las pruebas de coronavirus? MedlinePlus (Added 3/2/2020)
- The New York Times – Coronavirus News Updates Live news updates from The New York Times. University of Iowa affiliates can get free online access without monthly page view limits: Register at accessnyt.com
- CNN – Coronavirus News Updates Live updates from CNN
- Al Jazeera – Coronavirus Coronavirus outbreak news from Al Jazeera English.
- BBC News – Health News British Broadcasting Company’s (BBC) Health news page.
- The Washington Post Coronavirus outbreak news
Maps & Visualizations
- Interactive Map – Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE An interactive web-based dashboard to track COVID-19 in real time. From Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering.
- CDC – Countries With Confirmed Cases Map Shows a static map of countries with confirmed COVID-19 Cases as well as a list of those countries.
- The New York Times – Coronavirus Map Updated maps from the The York Times
- A visual explanation of social distancing, Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve”.
- COVID-19 #Coronavirus data pack