RULES OF CONDUCT FOR TUCKAHOE PUBLIC LIBRARY
(As adopted by the Library Board of Trustees—January 1995 and amended February 2005)
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY
- Eating or drinking in the public areas of the library.
- Playing of audio equipment, other than library owned equipment.
- Carrying a weapon or other dangerous object into the library.
- Bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a patron with a disability.
- Talking loudly, making noise or engaging in other disruptive conduct.
- Interfering with another person’s use of the library or with the library personnel’s performance of their duties.
- Damaging or rearranging library materials & property.
- Stealing library materials.
- Threatening, physically harming, or using rude and abusive actions or language to staff or patrons.
- Using, possessing or being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or hallucinogenic drugs.
- For reasons of safety and hygiene, entering the library without shirts or shoes (or equivalent foot covering.)
- Patrons whose poor hygiene interferes with other patron’s ability to use the library and staff members’ ability to perform their jobs will be asked to leave the premises.
- Patrons inappropriately exposing that which would be generally perceived as “private body parts” either knowingly or unknowingly will be asked to leave the premises.
ALL LIBRARY PATRONS ARE ASKED TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Solicitation of funds, distribution of literature or promotional material, or sale of goods is forbidden by any person or agency other than the library.
- Microcomputers and other automated equipment shall be used in accordance with their intended purposes and following guidelines posted in the computer area.
- Posting of bulletin board materials must be cleared through the director.
Any person who violates the above rules or fails to use the library’s materials or equipment according to regulations established by the Library Board will be asked to leave the library for a period of time to be determined by the Library Director. In the case of a Juvenile, request may be made that he/she return to use the library only when accompanied by an adult.