The Tuckahoe Free Library association was organized in December of 1912 by the Women's Club of Eastchester. The Library was converted from association status to a public library by the charter of the Regents of the University of the State of New York, June 30, 1927. The Library moved to its present facility at 71 Columbus Avenue in August 1979. As a public institution, the library's mission is to provide an opportunity for learning, and personal growth through the resources and personnel of the Public Library. Also, to utilize traditional expertise and changing technology to ensure equal access to quality library services, materials and facilities. The library also provides computers, wireless Internet, and computer classes. The Tuckahoe Public Library is part of the Westchester Library System (WLS). The library has online access to resources of other libraries throughout Westchester and across the nation and participate fully in the sharing of resources and universal cooperation with these libraries.
The Tuckahoe Public Library provides equal opportunity access to information, high quality books, multimedia materials, programs, exhibits and online resources to meet the needs of our diverse community for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and intellectual stimulation. To fulfill its mission, the Library employs a knowledgeable, well-trained staff committed to excellent service.
Adopted April 20, 2009
Tuckahoe Library Board of Trustees